Services offered by the Scholarly Communications Office:
- Author Agreements & Book Contracts: Assistance with author agreements, including ensuring compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy for peer-reviewed articles resulting from NIH grant funded research.
- Copyright Questions: Assistance with questions on a variety of copyright issues, including fair use, classroom guidelines, and how to obtain permissions for scholarly publications, including identifying copyright holders.
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs): Assistance with copyright issues specifically pertaining to theses and dissertations, including permissions and using previously copyrighted materials in your thesis or dissertation.
- OpenEmory: A service of the Emory Libraries to make faculty articles openly accessible to the world. Please contact us to review a CV or list of journal articles for inclusion in OpenEmory.
- Open Access Publishing Fund: A fund to make it easier for Emory authors to publish in eligible open access (OA) journals and books when no alternative funding is available. Please see the Open Access Publishing Fund page for more information, or contact us below with questions.
- Office Hours: In addition to consultation via email and telephone, the Scholarly Communications Office will be hosting Office Hours during the Fall & Spring semester in the Emory Center for Digital Scholarship on the 3rd floor of Woodruff Library for questions on copyright, academic publishing, authors rights, and open access. The weekly hours are as follows:
- Spring 2014:
- Mondays, 2-4pm
- Thursday, 9-11am
- By Appointment, Monday-Friday
- Spring 2014:
- Workshops: The Scholarly Communications Office will provide specialized workshops tailored with a particular focus or topic upon request. For more information or to arrange a consultation, please contact the Scholarly Communications Office at scholcomm [at] listserv [dot] cc [dot] emory [dot] edu.
For more information or to arrange a consultation, please contact the Scholarly Communications Office at scholcomm [at] listserv [dot] cc [dot] emory [dot] edu.
Meet the Scholarly Communications Office
|Lisa A. MacklinDirector of Scholarly Communications
|Melanie T. KowalskiCopyright & Scholarly Communications Librarian
|Frances A. PiciScholarly Repository Application Support Specialist
The Scholarly Communications Office provides information about copyright and scholarly communications. However, the office does not provide legal advice. For legal advice, please consult the Office of General Counsel.
For questions about patents and the commercialization of intellectual property, please consult the Office of Technology Transfer.