Perfection of Forbearance

Kept in isolation, especially from our loves ones makes us grateful for the relationships we have. We are also more mindful of all the privileges we have. In chapter 6, we examine the importance of urgency in the context of reaching enlightenment. We need to be urgent because there is a major uncertainty of how much time we have to live. Anything could happen in a year, tomorrow, or the next minute. This is why we have to realize what we need to achieve in this life time and how we can develop as compassionate and kind individuals. I personally have been thinking a lot about the significant role people play in my life. This pandemic was very unexpected, yet it is easily for us to take our relationships for granted. Thus, treating others with mindfulness everyday, even when the pandemic dies down is something we can all think about. “Urgency” to create and maintain special relationships with others is a reoccurring thought I am having throughout this unique experience.

One thought on “Perfection of Forbearance”

1. I agree with you Louisa. As a senior at Emory, I find that I am valuing and likely taking more action now (than had I would later) to preserve my friendships at Emory. I am grateful to realize how valuable my relationships with my peers are.