Meet the New Graduate Class: Ian Pavelich

Ian Pavelich
Ian Pavelich

Ian Pavelich comes to Emory from the Milwaukee School of Engineering—“it was an extremely difficult four years, but it left me a focused engineer with a unique skill set.” In Milwaukee, Ian also had the opportunity to participate in both educational and scientific research, preparing him to hit the ground running at Emory. Ian identified Emory as his top school early in the application process and felt at home after coming to visit Atlanta. He joined the Emory community this summer, doing research in the Salaita Lab.

“Just to show the dedication I had to moving my life to Atlanta, I drove for 14 straight hours with the help of my partner to manage the move-in just days after I graduated. On top of the 14 hours, I also finished the move-in and unpacked everything once my parents showed up with all the food needed to refuel!”

Division of Interest: Biomolecular

What Ian is Most Looking Forward to at Emory: “Everything! Taking specialized classes, learning to teach, and performing impactful research are all exciting prospects. Furthermore, I’m looking forward to being a part of LGS and the Emory community.”