The Department of Chemistry is seeking an accountant. (Our current accountant, Stephenie Thioubou, is retiring! Good luck, Stephenie! We will miss you!) To apply, please visit the Emory Careers portal. The position number is 69858BR.
Accountant-Emory College-Chemistry Department
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook. Willingness to learn new software solutions.
- Experience in basic accounting: accounts receivables, accounts payables, & general journal entry knowledge: 2 years of recent experience.
- Independent, problem-solving abilities, detail-oriented, highly organized, with strong communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Effective interpersonal skills and flexibility.
FORMAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Performs routine professional accounting duties requiring limited independent judgment.
- Monitors, audits and reconciles departmental accounts.
- Researches and creates new accounts and codes.
- Prepares journal transactions, balances accounts, reconciles errors and takes corrective action.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of departmental budgets.
- Advises management of cash deficits.
- Prepares audit schedules in support of internal and external audits.
- Maintains databases and assimilates financial and statistical data.
- Prepares routine operational and statistical reports.
- May assist with computer operations for the department.
- May maintain departmental grants and monitor petty cash activity.
- May coordinate invoice preparation, payables and/or receivables.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field OR equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
Operating Unit/Division: Emory College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Minimum Hourly Rate $19.086538
Midpoint Hourly Rate $25.576923
Minimum Annual Rate $39700
Midpoint Annual Rate $53200