Research from the research group of Dr. David Lynn is featured on the cover of the latest issue of Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry. OBC is a weekly journal for the publication of highly significant original research and reviews in all areas of organic chemistry, including organic synthesis, physical organic chemistry, supramolecular chemistry and bioorganic chemistry.
The cover art is related to the article “Amyloid scaffolds as alternative chlorosomes” contained in the issue. Recent graduate Rolando Rengifo is first author with Noel Li, Anthony Sementilli, and David G. Lynn as additional authors.
Congratulations, Lynn Group!
On Friday, August 26th, the Department of Chemistry celebrated our new and returning graduate students with the Welcome Back Fourth Friday and Graduate Awards Ceremony. Students, staff, and faculty enjoyed Fox Bros. BBQ and cupcakes from Atlanta Cupcake Factory while cheering on award winners. In a new tradition this year, our 2016 graduate class was officially introduced to the community by their graduate student mentors at the end of the awards ceremony.
Here are the awardees:
Recognition of Service Instructors
- Mass Spec: Samantha Summer (Liotta)
- X-ray Crystallography: Daniel Collins-Wildman (Hill); Tom Pickel (Scarborough)
- NMR: Bruce Liao (Davies); Benjamin Fontaine (Weinert); Noel Li (Lynn); Amaan Kazerouni (Blakey)
- Bioanalytical Instruments: Jenny Coffman (Lutz)
- Quayle Outstanding Student Award: Yang Liu (Salaita); Luyao Zou (Widicus Weaver)
- Quayle Advanced/Senior Student Award: Liangbing Fu (Davies); Christian Wallen (Scarborough)
- Quayle Student Achievement Award:Benjamin Fontaine (Weinert); Kornelia Galior (Salaita);Robert Kubiak (Davies); Bruce Liao (Davies); Victor Ma (Salaita)
Outstanding TA Awards
- General Chemistry: Brooke Andrews
- Analytical: Paula Tyler
- Physical Chemistry: Sean Bresler
- Organic: Ally Boyington
Recognition of ARCS Nominees
- Austin Baker (Jui)
- Jacob Burman (Blakey)
- Daniel Collins-Wildman (Hill)
- Paula Tyler (Dyer) Selected as 2016 ARCS Scholar
Congratulations to all!