Emory University has acquired a license for the Canvas video learning platform Arc and it is now available in Emory Canvas courses. Teaching & Learning Technologies piloted Arc for one semester with a small number of users and determined that it would be a useful addition to the available tools in Canvas.
We are excited to be able to offer Arc to all faculty and students at Emory. Arc is an easy and interactive way to incorporate more video into your courses. To access Arc, find the logo on the main blue lefthand menu of your Canvas account.
What Can I Do With Arc?
- Record video and screen capture
- Upload videos from your files
- Add YouTube videos
- Create assignments and discussions about videos
- Deliver video-creating assignments
Getting Started with Arc
Here are a few resources to get you started with Arc:
- How do I use Arc through the Course Navigation Menu in Canvas as an instructor?
- What file formats does Arc support?
- How do I edit details and tags for Arc media in Canvas as an instructor?
- How do I add captions to Arc media in Canvas?
More resources can be found here: Arc Resource Links
You can also join the Arc User Group to discuss Arc projects with other instructors.
Check back here and on the Canvas support website for tutorials and case studies on Arc! TLT will also be giving Arc training workshops starting in June, which are posted on the training calendar, where you can also sign up to attend.