Emory Biology recently hosted a special seminar sponsored by the Hightower Fund and given virtually by Dr. Melissa Moore, who is the Chief Scientific Officer for Platform Research at Moderna. The title of her talk was A timely confluence: The backstory of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine. About 175 people attended the talk, and 35-40 students met with Dr. Moore by Zoom for a special student session. In this session, she touched upon two aspects, one was focused on her career journey and the other was focused on how the vaccine compares to other mRNA vaccines, the development process, and the challenges of it.
- Biology faculty Jaap de Roode’s working relationship with President Jimmy Carter
- Sandra Mendiola was chosen as the winner of the 2022 – 2023 Kharen Fulton Award for Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement.
- Dr. Anita Corbett named 2022 Fellow for the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Emory College junior receives prestigious NIH scholarship
- IMSD Scholar Noah Okada named Quad Fellow for work applying AI to neuroscience research
No comments to show.