Emory Biology recently hosted a special seminar sponsored by the Hightower Fund and given virtually by Dr. Melissa Moore, who is the Chief Scientific Officer for Platform Research at Moderna. The title of her talk was A timely confluence: The backstory of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine. About 175 people attended the talk, and 35-40 students met with Dr. Moore by Zoom for a special student session. In this session, she touched upon two aspects, one was focused on her career journey and the other was focused on how the vaccine compares to other mRNA vaccines, the development process, and the challenges of it.
- Dr. David Civitello won the George Mercer Award
- Emory biology and Georgia Tech electrical and computer engineering researchers combine lab expertise
- The 2023 Barry Yedvobnick Undergraduate Research Award
- Alicia Yin selected as a 2023 Bobby Jones Scholar
- Zee Kwong awarded The Biology Award for Excellence in honor of Darrell R. Stokes
No comments to show.