Visit the Emory Career website for more info. The full job post is available HERE.
- Manages the cultivation of plants in a controlled environment in order to grow vegetables and herbs, ornamental plants or flowers to be used for research.
- Supervises plant-breeding and cross-hybridization, plant nutrition and protection, pest and disease control, harvesting and the maintenance of systems controlling the greenhouse environment, such as HVAC, irrigation and maintaining the chemical tank.
- Supervises and trains staff, controls inventory of seeds and plants, creates progress reports, and ensures compliance with environmental and safety regulations.
- Maintains general housekeeping and safety, and may also create budgets, and meet with research personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required.
A bachelor’s degree in horticulture, plant sciences, or agriculture, and two years of experience in greenhouse management, OR an Associate’s degree in greenhouse management or the related fields of technical agricultural or floriculture, and three years of greenhouse experience, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.