Aaron Sin Wai Lam

这张画是劉松年画的。这幅画是在宋代的时候画的。绘画里面有两个和尚,一个和尚已经达到涅槃。他就是那个最大的和尚。另一和尚是大和尚的弟子,他在从一个长臂猿手中接过一个石榴。在大和尚的前面有两只鹿。这个绘画的背景是一片树林。

劉松年是南方宋代最有名的画家。每幅劉松年画的画都很有详细的风景。在寧宗皇帝在位的时候, 劉松年得到了一个象征权位的金腰带。我选了这幅绘画,因为我觉得它很有意思。而且我自已也是佛教徒,所以这个绘画对我来说更有意义了。

我觉得这幅画有很多话想跟观众们说。最有意思的就是大和  尚不管树上的长臂猿。不过,他的弟子或许是还没有达到涅  槃的和尚所以在收东西。从佛教的说法,我们达到涅槃的时                                                 候不应该收别人的东西。因为我们有了满足了的生活,不能                                                 随便乱要东西。因为这个绘画,我觉得这个绘画很有道理,                                                 所以我很喜欢这个绘画。

Liu Songnian made this painting and it is made during the Song dynasty. In the painting, there are two monks; one of the monks has achieved nirvana according to the Buddhist belief. The taller one is the Buddhist that achieved nirvana. The smaller monk is the disciple of the bigger monk and is receiving a pomegranate by one of the gibbons. In front of the taller monk, there are two deer and the setting of the painting is in a forest.

Liu Songnian is a very well known painter during his time. Every Liu Songnian’s paintings has detailed depiction of the environment. Under Emperor Ningzong’s time, Liu Songnian received a very prestigious Golden Girdle. I chose this painting because I think this painting is very interesting. Furthermore, I am also Buddhist and this painting intrigues me even more.

I feel that this painting have many words to say to the audience. The most interesting part of this painting is that the taller monk ignores the tree’s gibbon, while the younger monk is depicted to receive a pomegranate from the gibbon. According to the Buddhist belief, when we achieved nirvana, we should be content of what we have and we should not want other random things. We should be satisfied with our lives instead of wanting more. Because of this painting, there are a lot of meaningful reasons and is why I think it is interesting.