Health Sciences Research Assistant/Research Coordinator, Seattle ERIC
Category : Alumni
Are you interested in helping to improve the healthcare of our United States Veterans through meaningful work in a collaborative environment? The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Cooperative Studies Program (CSP) is a nationally renowned program that produces innovative solutions to Veteran and national healthcare problems through multi-site research studies.
The VA CSP Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC), is hiring a full-time Research Assistant/Research Coordinator who has experience with and enjoys supporting research operations. This position will be part of a dynamic team that supports research activities for all Center studies. This position is based in Seattle, WA.
About the Seattle ERIC and VA CSP
The Seattle ERIC is a research center within the VA Puget Sound Health Care System that works to improve the healthcare of Veterans through epidemiologic research. We are part of the VA CSP, a national VA research group of 12 epidemiology and clinical trial research centers. Learn more at the Seattle ERIC website and the VA CSP website.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working with staff to support day-to-day operational activities for the Center, including:
- Setting up meetings, taking meeting notes, data entry, data quality control, coordinate research mailings, and other research support duties
- Assisting with the development of study materials, IRB documentation, and standard operating procedures
- Assisting with the coordination of engagement activities, including scheduling Center events
- Assisting with the development of Center research operational documents and procedures
- Coordinating Center travel arrangements in support of research operations
- Completing and maintaining necessary research documentation for VA travel
- Scheduling and preparing for local and national research meetings and assembling documents
- Assisting with staff hiring and onboarding efforts in support of research studies
- Supporting Center research quality control and safety efforts through proper documentation tracking and maintenance
- Assisting with maintaining and updating study databases
- Providing research support to Center PIs, researchers, and study teams as needed
- BA/BS or higher degree in a scientific- or health-related field required
- 1-4 years of work experience in clinical, epidemiological, or health services research required
- If BA/BS, 1-4 years of research-related experience required
- If higher degree, 1-2 years of research-related experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of researchers and staff
- Experience with customer service, particularly by telephone and e-mail
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Solid problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and timelines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required
- Candidates must be U.S. citizens. Education and experience will be evaluated by Human Resources to determine if the top candidate meets the criteria for the targeted GS-05 through GS-09 range. The General Schedule (GS) salary table for Seattle can be found on the Office of Personnel Management website at opm.gov.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to SeattleCSPEC [at] va [dot] gov.
- Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, materials received by 06/04/2021 will be considered first.
- Diversity enriches research and promotes the best healthcare. We are committed to building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive environment for our Center. We encourage individuals whose backgrounds or interests align with this commitment, as well as individuals from all backgrounds that are underrepresented in research, to apply.