**Deadline Extended** Communications Associate – The Confounder
The Department of Epidemiology is seeking a motivated 1st year MPH or MSPH student to manage The Confounder (WordPress) and its corresponding weekly Mailchimp newsletter (The Weekly Confounder) – representing the voice and brand of the Department.
Part-time Position – Communications Associate
Department of Epidemiology
Date(s): March 23, 2021 through December 31, 2021
Anticipated Hours: 6-8/week
Hourly Rate: $13.50
Apply by: March 16th, interviews via Zoom to follow.
Application: Email Confounder [at] emory [dot] edu with your resume and a brief description of your relevant experience and interest in the position.
Key characteristics of the overall brand include:
- Academic rigor
The position will require the student to format and post content on the Confounder site as they are emailed to them and collated throughout the week. The associate will schedule weekly emails to be sent to the department and alumni, and work with the rest of the Epidemiology communications team to fulfill the mission and strategic goals of the department. This task may include independent search and identification of relevant content for the Confounder – including, but not limited to, events, jobs, and human-interest content from outside sources.
A successful candidate would be able to identify, troubleshoot, and report technical issues with WordPress and Mailchimp to the appropriate team members as needed. This role may require communication with alumni and faculty via email for job postings and events. Other job duties may include recruiting individuals for #WeAreEmoryEPI highlights, writing occasional articles, assisting with website redesign/updates, and collaborating with the communications team to generate creative solutions to execute the Department’s communications goals.
- 1st year student in Epidemiology MPH/MSPH program
- Strong writing/editing skills and attention to detail are a must
- Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, HTML, CSS preferred
- Responsive to email, collaborative and proactive mentality, with energy and enthusiasm for their work
- Available for virtual bi-weekly team meetings via Zoom
- Work hours are typically inconsistent (20 minutes here and there), and will include at least some time on Saturdays and Sundays