Health Outcomes and Economics Research Fellowship, Thomas Jefferson University
Overview & Purpose
Thomas Jefferson University has offered industry-sponsored fellowships in health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) since 1994. The fellowships are administered through the Jefferson College of Population Health (JCPH), which is the nation’s first college of population health in the country.
The goal of the fellowship program is to prepare pharmacists and other health professionals for careers in health economics and outcomes research. One of the oldest and most established programs of its kind in the country, the JCPH fellowship program has more than 50 alumni to date. Current industry sponsors include Bristol Myers Squibb, Ethicon, Janssen, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Teva Pharmaceuticals.
- All JCPH fellowships are 2-years long andbegin in June.
- Fellows are assigned a JCPH faculty mentor who advises them and supervises their progress throughout the course of the fellowship.
- Fellows usually spend the first year on the Jefferson campus in downtown Philadelphia, PA. Fellows apply the skills and knowledge gained from formal coursework to their research projects.
- Financial support from the industry sponsor allows Fellows to complete a JCPH graduate certificate or master’s degree in Applied Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Health Policy, Population Health, Population Health Intelligence, Operational Excellence or Healthcare Quality & Safety during the duration of the fellowship.
- Fellows work on JCPH outcomes research projects and acquire management experience. Fellows are encouraged to produce publications and make presentations based on these projects at professional meetings.
- Fellows typically spend the second year working at the site of the industry sponsor. This provides experience in outcomes research in a corporate setting and offers opportunities to see first-hand how policies affect various stakeholders within the industry.
How to Learn More about the Fellowship
How to Apply
Click here to view the specific application instructions based on the individual fellowship sponsors.
All application materials and questions should be emailed to JCPHFellowship [at] Jefferson [dot] edu. The application reviewing process has already begun, so interested individuals are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.