Information about AI and ML is everywhere, and understanding and keeping up with developments can be overwhelming. Following are some resources to help you focus in on impact and implications for the global business landscape.
The Goizueta Business Library is actively purchasing ebooks on these topics; this curated list of titles includes several recommendations from GBS faculty: Overdrive Curated List of AI eBooks and Audiobooks
Consulting Firm White Papers
All of the large consulting firms are engaging with global clients dealing with the successful integration of AI into their organizations and industries.
Run the following Google search to locate this free content, containing timely, informed real-world insights and data. We recommend searching one consulting firm at a time, e.g., inurl:deloitte; inurl:Accenture, etc.
Search: (“artificial intelligence” OR “machine learning”) inurl:mckinsey
- McKinsey’s AI Portal
- An Executive’s Guide to AI
- An excellent primer about the types of AI/ML and examples of business applications for each.
- Accenture’s AI Portal
Industry AI Trends
To follow AI developments in your industry, start with the websites for your industry’s top publications/news websites. If you don’t know these specific sources/sites, then run a Google search like the examples below:
- (“artificial intelligence” OR “machine learning”) restaurant industry
- (“artificial intelligence” OR “machine learning”) energy industry
The Brookings Institution’s Artificial Intelligence and Emerging Technology (AIET) Initiative aims to advance good governance of transformative new technologies; it draws on Brookings’ scholars to identify the governance models and best practices necessary for society to gain the benefits of AI and emerging technology while responsibly managing their risks.
Current AI Business News/Publications
Mainstream business newspapers and magazines are writing about AI/ML on an almost daily basis. Run this Google search to quickly locate articles. To limit results to recently published articles, click Tools beneath the Google search box, then select a timeframe (e.g Past Week; Past Month; Past Year).
Search: (“artificial intelligence” OR “machine learning”) (“wall street journal” OR “new york times” OR bloomberg)
As a global think tank focused on management-focused challenges facing today’s companies and the best practices, benchmarks, etc. they are putting into play, TCB is publishing about AI, especially in the Human Capital space.
To locate these publications:
Once logged into the database: At upper left corner, click Centers>Human Capital Once at the HC landing page, scroll down until you see a box titled Publications. Click Publications. Run the following search:
Current publications include:
- Artificial Intelligence for Career Management & Talent Mobility, April 13, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence for Coaching, July 9, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, March 9, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence for Executive Compensation, June 17, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence for Human Capital Technology & Operations, October 11, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence for Talent Acquisitions, January 21, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence for Learning & Development, July 14, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence for Onboarding, January 13, 2021