Tamsin’s academia.edu page
Fourth Year PhD Student
- PhD Philosophy, Emory University – in progress
- Graduate Certificate, Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, Emory University
- MA Philosophy, Loyola Marymount University 2014
- BA Philosophy, Northern Arizona University 2012
- Critical Phenomenology
- Feminist Philosophy
- Philosophy of Race
- Social and Political Philosophy
- 2019. “Eros” co-authored with Cynthia Willett. In 50 Concepts for a Critical Phenomenology, edited by Ann Murphy, Gayle Salamon, and Gail Weiss (Evanston: Northwestern University Press).
- 2018. “Merleau-Ponty, Fanon, and Phenomenological Forays in Trans Life.” APA Newsletter on LGBTQ Issues in Philosophy 18(1): 16-21.
- 2018. “Becoming Restive: Orientations in Asian American Feminist Theory and Praxis.” In Asian American Feminisms and Women of Color Politics, edited by Lynn Fujiwara and Shireen Roshanravan (Seattle: University of Washington Press).
- 2018. Book Review. The Remedy: Queer and Trans Voices on Health and Health Care, edited by Zena Sharman (Vancouver: Arsenal Pulp Press, 2016). International Journal for Feminist Approaches to Bioethics 11(2): 166-170.
- 2018. “Trans Philosophers and the Politics of Bathrooms.” Blog of the APA: Available here.
- 2017. “Specters of Sovereignty: Comments on Andrew Dilts’ ‘Toward Abolitionist Genealogy’.” The Southern Journal of Philosophy 55(S1): 78-85.
Presentations (2019-2020 AY):
- “Extended Erotics: Trans and Disabled Feminist Approaches to Sexuality,” Society for the Philosophy of Sex and Love, American Philosophical Association—Eastern Division, Philadelphia, PA, January 2020
- Commentator, Book Session on Gayle Salamon’s The Life and Death of Latisha King: A Critical Phenomenology of Transphobia, American Philosophical Association—Eastern Division, Philadelphia, PA, January 2020
- “Inhabiting Disappointment: Affective Mis-Orientations in Queer & Trans Asian America,” American Studies Association, Honolulu, HI, November 2019
- “The Political Life of Gossip,” Theorizing at Rowan, Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ. November 2019
- Commentator, Book Session on Alexis Shotwell’s Against Purity: Living Ethically in Compromised Times, International Association for Environmental Philosophy, Pittsburgh, PA, November 2019
- PHIL 100 (Basic Problems in Philosophy), Summer 2019
- PHIL 116 (Introduction to Bioethics), Spring 2019
- PHIL 124 (Philosophy of Race and Ethnicity), Fall 2018
- WGS 205W (Introduction to Sexuality Studies), Dr. Deboleena Roy, Spring 2018
- WGS 100W (Gender Trouble), Dr. Lynne Huffer, Fall 2017
- Graduate Representative, SPEP Committee for the Status of Women, November 2019-present
- Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion, Emory Graduate Student Government Association, July 2019-May 2020
- Graduate Liaison, APA Standing Committee on Inclusiveness in the Profession, July 2018-June 2020
- Graduate Student Council Member, American Philosophical Association, July 2018-June 2020
- Steering Committee Member, Trans Philosophy Project, Fall 2017-present
- Culture and Climate Liaison, Department of Philosophy, Fall 2017-Present
- MAP Chapter Organizer, Summer 2017-Present
- George W. Woodruff Fellowship, Laney Graduate School, Emory University, Fall 2016-present
- Provost’s Predoctoral Diversity Fellow, University of Memphis, Fall 2014-Spring 2016