PhD, Emory University, Philosophy, May 2017 (Expected)
AOS: Philosophy of Education, History of Philosophy
AOC: Ethics, Virtue Epistemology, Digital Pedagogy
Languages: French, Spanish
BA, The Evergreen State College, Dec. 2011
Major Focus Area: Philosophy
Minor Focus Areas: Literature, Media, and Cultural Studies
- Instructor, Basic Problems in Philosophy, Spring 2015
- Instructor, Introduction to Logic, Fall 2014
- Co-Instructor, Introduction to Bioethics, Spring 2014
- Teaching Assistant, Philosophy of Human Nature, Fall 2013
- Oct. 2015, “Freud in the Frankfurt School: Merging Psychoanalysis and Critical Theory To Effect Social Change,” 54th Annual Conference of the Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy, Atlanta, GA.
- Jul. 2015, “Curiosity’s Potential in Education for Social Justice: Freire, Dewey, and Flexible Epistemology,” 2015 International Social Philosophy Conference of the North American Society for Social Philosophy, Liberty, MO.
- Feb. 2015, “Living Text: Fanfiction as Contemporary Narrative Form,” Philosophy and Popular Culture Panel, 36th Annual Conference of the Southwest Popular and American Culture Association, Albuquerque, NM.
- Oct. 2013, “Leaning on Freud’s Drive Theory: Laplanche on Instinct and Anaclisis,” Psychoanalytic Studies Program Lunch and Learn Series, Emory University.
- Oct. 2013, “Freud and Kristeva,” Guest Lecture, Introduction to Feminist Philosophy, Emory University.
AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS:
- Feb. 2015, Peter C. Rollins Award for Best Graduate Student Paper on a Popular Culture Issue, Southwest Popular and American Culture Association, 36th Annual Conference.
- 2012 – 2017, Emory University Graduate Arts and Sciences Fellowship.
- Graduate Representative to the Faculty, Emory Philosophy Department, 2015 – 2016
- Webmaster, Graduate Philosophy Society at Emory, 2015 – 2016
- Conference Committee, Graduate Philosophy Society at Emory, 2015 – 2016
- Deputy of Communications, Graduate Philosophy Society at Emory, 2013 – 2014
- Panel Organizer and Moderator, Graduate Student Panel on Open Access Publishing, part of Open Access Week at Emory sponsored by Emory Scholarly Communications, Fall 2013
EMORY CENTER FOR DIGITAL SCHOLARSHIP: