Y2K Podcast Rough Draft

Y2K Podcast Rough Draft

Unfortunately I’m having a hard time finishing my podcast, mainly because I would like to incorporate the interview with my Grandfather. Also, the interview with my mom is a little choppy still mainly because I tried doing it over the phone and attempted to jot down every little thing possible.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Y2K Podcast Rough Draft

1. Lindsey Grubbs says:

This is great, Rachel! I actually think your interview with your mom is pretty great–you may be right that there are some things you can clarify, but it sounds really genuine and conversational and I think it works quite well.

I also think you have a good sense of what to do next: once you’ve talked to your grandpa, you can finalize your conclusion, and I think your impulse to relate it to other apocalypse scares in the final paragraph will work well–you can end on an almost lyrical appeal that is genuinely curious about why we continue to do this. Is it just fear? Or are the people perpetuating these trying to control people? Or some combination?

One thought: if you grandpa gives you similar types of evidence to what your mom said, you’ll want to make sure not to repeat too much. But if he’s bringing a new perspective to the table, it’ll be great to include another voice!