Rambling

The only time you look in your neighbor’s bowl is to make sure they have enough to eat. You join hands, bow your heads, and murmur your thanks because you don’t know if tomorrow you won’t have a meal. My parents grew up poor in loving, large Italian Catholic families in Cleveland and Brooklyn. They worked hard, but never expected to be as successful as they have been. It is naïve to feel ashamed for your situation; instead, you put your nose down, work hard, and help others always. You are only as good as the relationships you cherish, the passions you explore, the life you live. Never assume. Ever. You never know the day someone is going through, the tribulations they have suffered, or the sadness they may harbor. Treat others they way you want to be treated. “If you ever lay your hand on a woman, so help me God, I will wash your mouth out with soap”. Read instead of watching TV. Go outside instead of watching TV. Don’t watch TV. Be your biggest fan and harshest critic. Failures are mistakes you foolishly believe you can’t learn from. Hard work precedes success. Always.

.family-praying-dinner