The meaning of the triple R in RRR

Since the beginning of the film, I was struck with a strong sense of community and resistance of the Indian people fighting against the tyranny of the British prior to Hindi nationalism. With these two versions of achieving a Hindi Revolution, I couldn’t help but be reminded of the events leading up to WW11 and the reason Black individuals were willingly and unwillingly fighting on both sides. In opposition to that example what makes this fight different is most of the administration of the colonial rule was carried out by Indian peoples due to there not being many low-ranking British soldiers in India.

Beginning with the separation of Malli from the Gond tribe, igniting the flame in Bheem, and later the film revealing Rama’s passion for fighting to avenge his father, whom he had to sacrifice to save his people– both individuals profusely hate the leviathan rule of the British Empire and want to free their people of this slavery.

The scene that provoked Rama, befriending Bheem — saving the little boy’s life from the flames under the bridge — reminded me of Batman and Superman’s “friendship”. This directly ties into one of my favorite games that stem from the movie Injustice, wherein an alternative universe Superman is tricked into killing the love of his life, Lois, and begins this tyrannical rule to conquer the world. Paralleling Rama, he uses his strength for an ultimate greater good of providing everyone with a weapon but committing mass amounts of destruction in his journey. The movies alike, question where the limits of power should be extorted. Both Superman and the Rama, have done in the past and could continue to do good with their power but it’s their own selfish incentives that disallow them to see they are becoming exactly like the people they detest. It isn’t only until their companion, Batman and Bheem are able to restore their counterpart’s sense of humanity and save them from their own self-destruction. Both pairs are parallel like fiRe and wateR. (see what I did there ;))

Coincidentally, I found this article that connected the two to this Batman and Superman parallel as well!

https://screenrant.com/rrr-movie-ending-explained-in-detail/

If I had to use 3 of my own R words to describe this film I would say: Revolutionary, Restoring Kinship, and Redemption.