Rajamouli’s Captivating RRR

Bollywood films continue to surpass the expectations of modern cinema and RRR is a prime example of that. From the stunts, acting, music, and editing, I was kept on the edge of my seat, wondering what bizarre thing would happen next. Going into the film, I was a bit skeptical not only because of the length, but the hype of the film made me question of the film was overhyped. I found myself laughing and unable to pull my eyes off the screen from the first few minutes. Some of the acting and story elements, including the butler of the queen disrespecting the people of the Gond tribe by given them a few coins in exchange for their daughter. Rajamouli combined lighting, setting, framing, and CGI editing to captivate the viewer’s attention and create an action packed tale.

RRR': the Most Jaw-Dropping Scenes, Ranked

One of the most notable scenes in the film is the epic battle against the British. Rajamouli creates a heavy wait of suspense as viewers wait on the perfect time for the truck to ram through the doors of the party. Eerie, slow notes play as we see an extreme close up of the sweat on the man in the tree’s forehead as he anxiously waits to give the signal. As soon as the time is right, the music quickens as the truck rams through the doors, crashing the elegant party highlighted by a multitude of bright lights. The truck drifts to a halting stop, revealing a breathtaking slow motion, long shot of NT, holding two sticks of fire, jumping out of cages filled with tigers, hyenas, deers, and a plethora of other wild animals. The CGI used in this scene honestly wasn’t bad. The animals attack the British soldiers and the acting of the soldiers plus the CGI creates an experience where the audience can believe that in this film, there are animals actually attacking them.