Bahrain Freedom Movement Association / Voice of Bahrain
Information and news about freedom in Bahrain.
Bahrain Human Rights Organization (BHRO)
The Bahrain Human Rights Organization (BHRO) is an independent, voluntary, non-profit, non-governmental association, founded in Denmark in October 1989. The BHRO is a member of the World Organization Against Torture (OMCT) based in Geneva. The object of the BHRO is to protect and promote human rights in Bahrain.
Sturlasgade 14C, 2300
London W3 7WJ
Bahrain Human Rights Society
The goals of the organization are:
1. To spread awarness about international human rights declarations among Bahraini citizens, especially the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international treaties concerning Political, Economic, Social, Cultural and Civil Rights, and in accordance with the rights provided for by the Bahraini Constitution, and defence of all individuals and groups whose rights have been violated according to what is specified in those documents, the Bahrain Human Rights society uses all available means to achieve its goals.
2. To work towards respecting and strengthening human rights and basic freedoms for all Bahraini citizens and any persons present on Bahraini soil, and to prevent any violation no matter what its source, and to work with the appropriate Bahraini authorities to prevent such violations using all legitmate means and legal channels.
3. To issue publications that raise the awareness of human rights principles
4. Organize conferences, meetings and lectures on the local, regional, and international levels concerning the society’s goals.
5. Cooperate with external human rights societies and organizations to realize the Bahrain Human Rights Society’s goals, and To inform the authorities responsible of human rights violations and encourage them to study and understand human rights violations.