Week #1 Scholar Blog Post Alexandra Finch

In completing the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), the results indicate I am ISTP.  Introvert (56%) Sensing (1%) Thinking (1%) and Perceiving (11%).  This indicator seems to be accurate, as my colleagues would probably describe me as an introvert.  Not surprisingly, the left-brain / right-brain test determined my left hemisphere as dominant.  I make every effort to be organized and systematic in both my personal and work environments.  When faced with complex problems or decisions, I can usually come to a conclusion and almost always have a “plan B”.  I guess this is why I enjoy working in the Emergency Department.

Similar to Dr. Wright, the Blake and Mouton Managerial Grid Leadership Self Assessment Questionnaire indicates I am a Team Leader.  Strength Finders revealed my personalized strengths insights as: intellection, harmony, significance, input, and relator.  Strength Finders also revealed my four distinct domains of leadership strengths as: executing, influencing, relationship building, and strategic thinking.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Week #1 Scholar Blog Post Alexandra Finch

1. Eve Byrd says:

Alex, I was suppose to respond to how I thought you might handle the CDifficle epidemic on the unit. Your personality according to Myers-Briggs is the opposite of mine and I think that I would find you a calming force on the unit if we were working together. I think you have a reputation for quietly accomplishing a lot. I would expect that you would given a lot of thought to the situation both at home and at work. You would have gathered a lot of information regarding the control of CDiff. I expect you would look for ways to get others input in order to obtain consensus – perhaps meeting with people individually and differing to others in meetings. I also think that you would rely on group of close colleagues to work with you to gain order and direction. Once you have a plan, I would think that you would make sure that those in administration that you need support from in order to be successful are fully aware of your plan.

What do you think?

2. Erin Sing Biscone says:

Alex, We are completely opposite as far as the Myers Briggs profile goes! We both have input as a strength in our strength profile. Even though we don’t have much overlap, we both enjoy teaching in a clinical setting. It makes me reflect that there are so many ways to channel strengths and talents, and that diversity of styles and personality is so important within a profession.

3. Alex,
    Wonderful strengths for how you are able to manage the lab, clinical practice and now the DEUs! I’m sure these will build upon each other to an even higher level!
    Dr. W.