Leadership Week 1 – Darlene Pirkle

I found this exercise to be quite interesting.  My Myers-Briggs Type Indicator revealed that I am Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Judging (ISTJ).  ISTJs are efficient and responsible.  On a team we work to clarify responsibilities and goals and are dependable in meeting commitments.  On the other hand, we may have issues with delegating and may be resistant to new ideas.  The Blake and Mouton Leadership assessment indicated that I am a team leader.  I do feel that I lead by example and a primary goal is that all of my team members will be successful.  My left brain and right brain are completely balanced and I would have guessed those results.  According to the Strength Finders Assessment, my strengths include intellect, harmony, significance, input, and being a relator.   It would seem that these characteristics could work harmoniously in a neonatal nurse and/or a nursing faculty.

This entry was posted in week 1. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Leadership Week 1 – Darlene Pirkle

1. Darlene,
    I totally agree with you that those qualities you possess are truly integral for finding yourself in the positions you currently hold. Again I find it fascinating that we migrate to areas that compliment our basic personalities–I wonder whether it does point to neurophysiologic connections, our basic “wiring” or whether our environment shapes us more than we realize.
    Great post!