Leadership Week 1 Post – Eve Byrd

According to the Jung Typology, I am an ENFJ: Extrovert (78%), Intuitive (88%), Feeling (62%) and Judging (33%).  The ” benevolent “pedagogues” of humanity. At first I thought, correctly described me as I see myself but when I refreshed my memory regarding the definition of “pedagogues” – I’m not sure. I agree with the “teacher” in a broad sense of the description but don’t like the definition of “especially a strict or pedantic one” according to Webster.

My strengths assessment indicated that my top five strengths are Arranger, Responsibility, Maximizer, Woo, Futuristic. In watching the videos, that go along with these descriptions, I was impressed how well they described how I approach my work.  These strengths also tracked with characteristics described in The Leadership Challenge – strengths of a leader.  Honesty in my mind is a characteristic of Responsibility. In order to be an Maximizer one needs to obtain Competency in identifying expertise needed. Woo (I love it!) is being genuine and developing a rapport which I think allows on to be be Inspiring and Futuristic is Forward Thinking.  On the Blake and Mouton Grid, I landed on the low left corner of Team Leader.  I am a balanced Right Brain – Left Brain.

I found it very helpful to take time to gain understanding regarding my personality and strengths.  I am particularly interested in learning what my boss of 15 years scores on these scales and gaining greater insight as to why we have worked so well together for years.

About Eve H Byrd MSN/MPH

NHWSON DNP student
This entry was posted in week 1. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Leadership Week 1 Post – Eve Byrd

1. Erin Sing Biscone says:

I find it very interesting that we are both ENFJ. I read that 2% of people have this profile. I wonder what else we have in common. Not the strengths profile! We have no overlap there.

• Eve Byrd says:

It is very interesting to me that people can have such similar personalities but not similar strengths. I would think that strengths would grow out of personalities – at least lean towards certain strengths. Not in our case! We will have to discuss this further. I am very collaborative in my leadership strengths. I accomplish the most by getting the right people at the table/ involved. I love working with people that have expertise different that mine and seeing how together we can solve a problem. I have found it liberating to admit that I don’t know everything, in fact very little but that by engaging people in a shared vision and pulling persons together that know more and different things than I do, I can accomplish a lot. I like envisioning how something should work and then identifying steps towards getting there.

Dr. Wright and I had a great conversation about how sometimes we are ahead of our/ time time! Is that personality or strength? Looking forward to more time together on Semester Saturdays with you and our classmates.

2. Eve,
    Great post, Eve, and I love the connectivity that you have established to other references! We share much of the same personality type although with different strengths, so it will be interesting to see if we approach our environments similarly. Although we will be doing a non scientific test of reliability and predictability Saturday, I agree with you that it would be revealing to see what our coworkers score on these assessments.
    Dr. W.

3. Laura Prado says:

Oh Eve, that is funny, I thought about how my boss would score also and I’ve worked with him for almost 13 years! I’m sure, somehow the findings would compliment each other when you have a working colleague for a significant amount of time.