On Sunday June 3, our library system vendor will be performing an update on DiscoverE beginning around 1 a.m. Only brief unavailability of DiscoverE is expected (around 15 minutes, sometime between 1 and 6 a.m.).
Noticeable changes include:
- Improvement to feedback messages that users receive when their search is too long or contains invalid characters.
During June 1st & 2nd, Library Technology and Digital Strategies will also be making some improvements to DiscoverE:
- Expansion of the definition of “Ebooks” in the Resource Type “Narrow my Results” facet, to encompass all text resources available electronically. This should make it easier to find e-books in Catalog tab searches.
- Change the label in full record displays that contains additional authors and other creators as well as other relationship entities to the content being described. Formerly, it was labeled “Author” field (with the first author appearing in another “Author” field near the top). It will now be labeled “Related Names” for clarification. Roles related to the content are included if available.
- Improve the positioning of the Browse Search section.
- Add special icon to identify Archives (archival collections) in search results.
If you notice a new problem after the update, please report the details of it via email to coreserviceshelp [at] emory [dot] edu.