As an institutional member of ELUNA, Emory Libraries participates in the annual NERS (New Enhancement Request System) enhancement voting for Alma. We have a total of 100 points as an institution to vote for enhancements across several categories. Below you will find the process and timeline for this year’s voting.
- Library Core Systems will send a list of potential enhancements and directions to the Access Services Policy Committee, the Cataloging and Authority Subcommittee, and the Acquisitions Committee working groups. Each group votes by assigning points to the relevant category in the list:
- The Access Services Policy Committee will vote on Fulfillment enhancements (30 Points)
- The Cataloging and Authority Subcommittee will vote on Resource Management (30 Points)
- The Acquisitions Committee will vote on Finance and Acquisitions (30 Points)
- Library Core Systems will vote on Systems (10 Points)
- Once a group has assigned their allocated points, they will send the document back to Library Core Systems.
- Library Core Systems will compile the results and share them with the LIB-ALMA listserv to communicate to the larger organization for feedback.
- Once the organization has had an opportunity to provide feedback, Library Core Systems will cast the votes in the NERS system and report back when the process has been completed for this year.
Timeline (All Dates are 2019)
- January 27 – February 9 (2 Weeks) – New enhancements may be submitted to NERS
- February 10 – March 29 (6 Weeks) – Enhancement Team reviews, dedups, scopes, verifies and sets up vote in NERS
- March 31 – April 13 (2 Weeks) – First round of voting
- April 14-17 – Enhancement Team reviews results, prepares to send to Ex Libris for pointing
- April 17 – Enhancements Team sends enhancements to point to Ex Libris
- April 18 – June 13 (8 Weeks) – Ex Libris pointing work
- June 16 – June 29 (2 Weeks) – Second round of voting
If you have any questions regarding this process, please email coreserviceshelp [at] emory [dot] edu