As an institutional member of ELUNA, Emory Libraries participates in the annual NERS (New Enhancement Request System) enhancement voting for Alma. We have a total of 100 points as an institution to vote for enhancements across several categories. Below you will find the process and timeline for this year’s voting.
- Library Core Systems will send a list of potential enhancements and directions to the Access Services Policy Committee, the Cataloging and Authority Subcommittee, and the Acquisitions Committee working groups. Each group votes by assigning points to the relevant category in the list:
- The Access Services Policy Committee will vote on Fulfillment enhancements (30 Points)
- The Cataloging and Authority Subcommittee will vote on Resource Management (30 Points)
- The Acquisitions Committee will vote on Finance and Acquisitions (30 Points)
- Library Core Systems will vote on Systems (10 Points)
- Once a group has assigned their allocated points, they will send the document back to Library Core Systems.
- Library Core Systems will compile the results and share them with the LIB-ALMA listserv to communicate to the larger organization for feedback.
- Once the organization has had an opportunity to provide feedback, Library Core Systems will cast the votes in the NERS system and report back when the process has been completed for this year.
Timeline (All Dates are 2020) *UPDATED 4/6/20*
- February 9 – April 25 – Enhancement Team reviews, dedupes, scopes, verifies and sets up vote in NERS
- April 26 – May 10 – First round of voting (2 Weeks)
- May 11 – May 13 – Enhancement Team reviews results, prepares to send to Ex Libris for pointing
- May 14 – Enhancements Team sends enhancements to point to Ex Libris
- May 15 – July 9 – Ex Libris pointing work
- July 12 – July 25 – Second round of voting (2 Weeks)
If you have any questions regarding this process, please email coreserviceshelp [at] emory [dot] edu