Every year, the Oxford College Library enjoys getting to honor our graduating student employees in a bookish way. This year the library has made each of our students READ posters featuring them and their favorite book. You may have seen a READ poster as since being created by the American Library Association they have been popular in libraries and schools. Often these posters feature celebrities, so we thought it an excellent library way to celebrate our student. These posters are currently on display at our circulation desk.
Here are the books our students chose to show off in their posters:
- Ordinary Monsters by J.M. Miro
- Misery by Stephen Kin
- Fledgling : a novel by Octavia Butler
- Snowpiercer written by Jacques Lob ; art by Jean-Marc Rochette
- All the Light We Cannot See : a novel by Anthony Doerr
- You Truly Assumed by Laila Sabreen
- Women Make Horror : Filmmaking, Feminism, Genre edited by Alison Peirse
- The Cambridge Edition of the Works of Jane Austen by Jane Austen
- A Tale of Two cities by Charles Dickens
- The Amazing Spider-Man: The Death of Gwen Stacy Written by Stan Lee and Gerry Conway; art by Gil Kane and John Romita Sr.
- A Burning by Megha Majumdar
We couldn’t be more proud of all the hard work and flexibility of this class of student employees. We could not have provided our services to Oxford College community without them!
We hope this expresses even a little bit of the gratitude and joy we’ve had working with all our student employees, but especially those graduating this semester. Congratulations to all our second-year student employees – we look forward to your bright futures!