Hometown: Chicago, IL
Major: Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies/Psychology
Factoids about Franny:
- The best kind of food is undoubtedly breakfast food. Honestly, I wish it were socially acceptable to eat breakfast for every meal of the day.
- I spent this past summer doing an internship at Planned Parenthood. It was one of the greatest jobs I’ve ever had (besides being a Library Leader, of course!) as well as one of my proudest experiences.
- I play a variety of instruments including ukulele, guitar, and oboe. I want to start learning something new though–mandolin? Banjo? Suggestions are welcome.
- I’m the president of OxBroadway and am directing Oxford’s production of Spring Awakening next semester! It’s an incredibly powerful show, and one of my favorite musicals. I hope everyone makes it out to see it April 12-14th! (#ShamelessPlug)
- My favorite type of movies are 80’s cult classics. Specifically, my favorite movie is Heathers. I’ve probably seen it over 50 times.
- I’ve always been a trouble-maker in terms of standing up for what I believe in. When I was in third grade, I started a petition at my school to allow girls to participate in the wrestling program during gym class, as only boys were allowed to choose between wrestling and badminton whereas girls were forced to play badminton. This resulted in the removal of the wrestling program at the school altogether, but, hey, Rome wasn’t built in a day.
- I used to work in a public library back home. If you ever want to hear a good story, ask anyone who’s ever worked at a public library about their experience. Needless to say, my friends who still work there are incredibly jealous of my transition to an academic library.
- My favorite TV Show is always changing. Currently, it has to be Broad City. But I’m also a huge fan of Parks and Recreation, Friends, and Daria.
- When I was in middle school, I wrote a fan-fiction that accidentally became relatively famous. Try as you might, you’ll never find it. It’s hidden away in the depths of the Internet forever.
- My favorite thing to do when I’m home is watch The Fosters with my parents and scream at the TV every time a character makes a bad decision (which is pretty often).
- I had to receive clown training for a show I was in once. It’s not the most useful certification, but if you ever need help falling safely down the stairs, let me know.
- I love, love, love to read. My favorite book is The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff, but my favorite author lately has been Chuck Palahniuk.
- Above all the else, the most important thing I consider myself to be is an activist. My voice is loud and my passion has no boundaries. I’m incredibly relentless when it comes to standing up for what I believe in.