Hometown: Wichita, KS
Factoids about Emily:
· My three favorite Doctors from “Doctor Who” are, in order, David Tennant, Peter Capaldi, and Matt Smith.
· One summer, I entered and won a knitting contest at the Kansas State Fair and earned the title of “Fastest Knitter in the West.”
· I was homeschooled for all four years of high school (I was also homeschooled for all of elementary and middle school as well).
· The first time I ever read the Harry Potter books was first semester of my sophomore year of college.
· I have played the violin in orchestras for five years, from 8th grade to 12th grade.
· Counting the courses I’m currently taking, I’ve taken nine math and computer science courses at Oxford.
· This is my second semester as president of Eagle Math Club.
· I have a six-year-old Miniature Schnauzer named Max.
· My family moved from Great Bend, KS to Wichita, KS my sophomore year of high school, and I’ve considered Wichita my hometown for five years.
· I’ve done a lot of knitting, but my three favorite projects have been a Klein Bottle hat (sort of like a 3d Mobius strip), a miniature bear knit on corsage pins, and a purse I made from recycled plastic Walmart bags.
· The number five is the fifth number in the Fibonacci sequence, my all-time favorite sequence (look up an image of the Fibonacci sequence – it’s really cool!).
· When I was around age eight, my career ambitions were to attend culinary school to become a chef (I’ve since decided that I would rather become a math professor).
· I’ve watched every episode in all nine seasons of “The Office.”