Name: Kate Frances Chandler
Hometown: Cocoa Beach, Florida
Major: Human Health, Pre-Dental
Factoids about Kate:
- Even though I currently live in Cocoa Beach, Florida, I used to live an hour away from Oxford for about 15 years, and I moved to Florida right before starting at Oxford. However, all of my family is from Florida, so I never know whether to answer Florida or Georgia.
- I love playing soccer, especially casual pickup games, which is what motivated me to start up the Oxford Soccer Club.
- I love watching tennis matches. I particularly like watching Wimbledon and the French Open. In the past couple years, I have started playing as well.
- I love being active and trying new things. In the past few years I have tried paddleboarding, volleyball, and swimming.
- I love rom-coms, especially older ones from the 90s and early 2000s with Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, Matthew McConaughey, etc.
- Some amazing movies are French Kiss, The Princess Bride, The Amazing Spider-Man (to date the best Spider-Man movie), Baby Driver, and the recently released Black Panther.
- My favorite shows include The Good Doctor, The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, and Riverdale. Teen Wolf and Psych, while both are over, are fantastic shows that I enjoy rewatching.
- I sing and play piano and ukulele. In high school I produced music, which is something I want to get back into.
- I love music. Some of my favorite artists are Jon Bellion (he is amazing in concert, highly recommend), Blackbear, The Weeknd, Childish Gambino, and Kendrick Lamar, to name a few. I also love Maroon 5 (older Maroon 5, like Songs About Jane era). Beyond that I have recently been enjoying SYML, Michl, and Amber Run, which are a completely separate genre.
- My dog (his name is Lex Luthor) is adorable and possibly the cutest dog ever. I have no idea what breed he is (he’s a mutt), but he kind of looks like a German Shepherd or a Rottweiler except he’s 35 lbs. full grown.