As Pitts looks forward to 2022, we took a moment to see which of our 640,000+ books were most popular with our patrons in 2021. Below is a list of the books that were checked out more than any others this year (our reference and circulation teams guessed all 5 before we even compiled the numbers!). We are so pleased that we can continue to provide the resources that our patrons need, and we look forward to checking out more and more books in 2021. Please enjoy the holidays, and we look forward to seeing you in 2022. Remember to check the library’s hours online, and if you ever think of a book that we don’t have but should, let us know!
- Coogan, Michael D. and Cynthia R. Chapman. The Old Testament: A Historical and Literary Introduction to the Hebrew Scriptures. 4th Edition. New York: Oxford University Press, 2018.
- González, Justo. The Story of Christianity. Revised and Updated 2nd Edition. 2 Volumes. New York: HarperOne, 2010.
- Jones, Serene. Feminist Theory and Christian Theology: Cartographies of Grace. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2000.
- Sugirtharajah, R. S., Editor. Voices from the Margin: Interpreting the Bible in the Third World. Revised and Expanded 3rd Edition. Maryknoll: NY: Orbis Books, 2006.
- Brown, Raymond E. The Gospel According to John: Introduction, Translation, and Notes. Anchor Bible 29 and 29A. Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1966-1970.