- FILM 373: Special Topics in Film
- Course Description: Individual topics on film study focusing on a specific period (e.g., primitive era, transition to sound, post-World War II) or national movement (e.g., Italian neorealism, the nouvelle vague, das neue Kino, Latin American militant cinema). Weekly screenings required.
- Topics Include: Picturing Tibet
- Frequently Taught By: Nancy Doyle
- FILM 389: Special Topics in Media
- Course Description: Prerequisite: FILM/ARTVIS/IDS204: Individual topics in media studies. Topics could include children and the media, an aspect of television, internet culture and identity, global media, and media convergence. Fulfills a requirement in the media studies minor. Weekly screenings required.
- Topics Include: Guerilla Political Videography; Echoes of Arab Spring: Social Media, Rap &Graffiti; Media, Islam &Social Movements
- Frequently Taught By: Courtney Brown, Oussama Cherribi