Amy Chou

Hi everyone, my name is Amy! I am a sophomore studying in biology. I am also an international student from Taiwan. Some things that I enjoy doing during my free time are baking, going to the beach, and listening to music. I would say that I am a visual learner. I learn best when I can organize everything into graphs, notes, or some other visualizations. Reading used to be something I love to do when I was a kid. Unfortunately, I read less and less as I grow up. I hope that I could pick up my reading habit again after taking this course.

English is not my native language, and I have not been doing too much writing / reading for the past semester. Therefore, my reading / writing skills might be a bit rusty. I do not have too much experience in close reading, so I am definitely excited about learning more about that in this class. I am also looking forward to learning about how to annotate the articles in a more in depth way. One concern I have about my reading habit is that I have a hard time focusing when I am reading a long article. I often fall asleep or start thinking about other stuff in the middle of the reading, so I will have to go back and read everything over again. Another concern I have about my writing skill is that I am not good at summarizing and organizing what I want to say. I hope I can improve this through different writing activities in this class.