Meet the Team: Yobi Zeleke

Posted by

Former Study Abroad Peer Advisor (21BBA) | IES Milan, Spring 2019

While on a walking tour of Milan after arriving, I stopped to have my very first scoop of gelato!

Hi everyone! My name is Yobi Zeleke, and I’m a peer advisor with the Study Abroad team. I’m a senior studying Information Systems & Operations Management at Goizueta Business School. I studied abroad in Milan, Italy with IES Milan during the spring of 2019. My semester abroad was by far the most transformative part of my undergraduate experience. I was able to travel all over Europe, learn Italian, and meet incredible locals and fellow study abroad students that have become close friends. The experience pushed me completely outside of my comfort zone, both personally and academically, and allowed me to get to know myself and my passions. One of the highlights of my semester abroad was traveling to Venice during the annual Carnival festival.

I decided to apply to become a Peer Advisor to share my experiences with students and encourage others to take advantage of the amazing study abroad opportunities Emory has to offer. My role entails supporting the Study Abroad team in organizing student outreach, processing applications, and student advising.

A fun fact about me is that I lived in Ethiopia for five years prior to coming to Emory. Some of my passions include tennis, R&B, and hip-hop, and all things curly hair care!

My friends and me at Acetaia Sereni, a balsamic vinegar farm south of Milan