Now on display at the Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library are collection titles related to our 100th Anniversary. These books highlight the history of health sciences libraries, the profession of health librarianship, and the history and impact of medical education at Emory University. Also included are selected works by eminent Emory faculty; from scholarly books on medical education to creative endeavors.
Since its founding in 1923, the health sciences center library has supported clinical education at Emory through our mission to optimize research, education, and patient care processes with reliable and sustainable access to data and information.
These books are available for checkout. Selected titles include:
Medical Libraries & Health Sciences Librarianship
- Atlas of the Visible Human Male by National Library of Medicine; Victor M. Spitzer; David G. Whitlock; (Foreword by Don Lindberg
- A History of Medical Libraries and Medical Librarianship: From John Shaw Billings to the digital era by Michael R. Kronenfeld; Jennie Jacobs Kronenfeld
- Transforming Biomedical Informatics and Health Information Access: Don Lindberg and the U.S. National Library of Medicine by B. L. Humphreys; R.A. Logan; R. A. Miller (Eds.)
Medical Education at Emory University & the History of the Medical Profession in Atlanta
- The 43rd General Hospital–World War II, the Emory University unit. by John D. Martin
- Atlanta’s living legacy: A history of Grady Memorial Hospital and its people. by Martin Moran
Emory Faculty – Selected Narratives & Scholarly Works
- The Enlightened Gene : Biology, Buddhism, and the convergence that explains the world by Arri Eisen; Yungdrung Konchok; Foreword by the Dalai Lama
- The Good Doctor: Why Medical Uncertainty Matters by Kenneth Brigham; Michael M. E. Johns
- Teaching medicine: Process, habits and actions. by J.Willis Hurst
Emory Faculty – Biographies
- Devotedly, Miss Nellie : A biographical tribute to Nell Hodgson Woodruff by Doris L. Kennedy
- Promises Kept: A southern surgeon’s reflections of mid twentieth-century medicine by Jerald Lee Watts
Emory Faculty – Selected Creative Works
- On Doctoring: Stories, poems, essays by Richard Reynolds, John Stone
- Prescription for Greed by Philip W. Hurst; J. Willis Hurst
- What . . . Dead Again? A novel. by Neil Shulman
Learn more about the display at the collection’s webpage WHSC Library 100th Anniversary and visit the WHSC Library to check out the items in this collection.