The SOM Class of 2027 began its orientation this week. This incoming class includes:
- 141 students
- 71% women; 29% men
- Average age of students: 24
- 30 students identify as individuals in an under-represented minority group in medicine
- 89% of students have been out of college for a year or more; 30% have been out of college for 3 or more years
- Graduates from 65 different institutions with 64 different majors
- Students include residents from 27 states and the District of Columbia
- 53 declare Georgia as home; 21 were born outside of the U.S
- 20 of the incoming students already have graduate degrees
Thanks to Dean Ira Schwartz and the SOM for the data above.
The Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library welcomes the Emory School of Medicine Class of 2027!