Ever since Emory became part of the city of Atlanta, all Emory University students, faculty and staff* are eligible to get an Atlanta Fulton Public Library System (AFPLS) card. And we are making it easy for you to do that right here on campus by partnering with the AFPLS.
Get your card at the Pop-up Public Library Card Drive on Monday September 23 from 11am to 4pm in the Robert W. Woodruff Library near the Library Service Desk. Oscar Gittemeier, Outreach Librarian with the AFPLS, will be handing out cards on the spot.
All you need to do is bring your Emory ID and fill out an application (fill it out in advance if you like). It takes about a minute. Of course, you already have access to an amazing array of resources through the Emory Libraries, but getting an Atlanta Fulton Public Library System card just expands those options. Here’s some of what you have access to:
- Downloadable audiobooks and eBooks, movies, music, and magazines
- Free online practice tests for the MCAT, LSAT, GRE, CLEP, TOEFL, SAT, and ACT
- Language learning through Mango languages
- Business and Consumer Data
- Passes to the Atlanta Zoo, State Park passes, and museum passes
- Meeting Rooms at 34 branches throughout the city
If you can’t make the Pop-Up Public Library Card Drive on September 23, don’t fret. You can always take your Emory ID to one of the AFPLS branch libraries and get your card there. Hope to see you September 23!
*Note: Emory Healthcare employees who are also University employees are eligible for a card too.