The Laney Graduate School and several Emory partner entities offer fellowships to advanced graduate students. (See all fellowships at http://www.gs.emory.edu/professional-development/fellowships/advanced.html ) Emory Library & Information Technology Services (LITS) is offering 7 fellowships for 2017-18
Deadline: Feb 17 by 4pm
- Emory Libraries Alice Walker Fellowship – Guidelines
- Emory Libraries/ECDS Data Services Fellowship Guidelines
- Emory Libraries/ECDS Digital Humanities Fellowship Guidelines
- Emory Libraries Outreach and Education Fellowship Guidelines
- Emory’s Rose Library Fellowship Guidelines
- Emory Libraries Subject Librarians Fellowship Guidelines
- Rose Library Newton Fellowship (does not use ADMIT) please follow guidelines posted here : http://rose.library.emory.edu/research-learning/fellowships-awards/emory-grad-students/newton-fellowship.html
To be considered for the fellowship, applicants must
· be full time students in a doctoral program, in good standing;
· be in candidacy at the time of application;
· be in their 7th or lower year of graduate study at the time of application; and
· may not previously have held an Emory completion fellowship. Unless otherwise noted, the fellowships listed on Laney’s webiste are all considered completion fellowships (exceptions include ORDER fellowships, PRISM fellowships, SIRE for the natural sciences, and some OUCP and grant fellowships).
When submitting your application via the ADMIT system, the application must include:
CV/Resume of no more than two pages 2. Fellowship Cover Sheet see link on the Graduate School website at http://graduateschool.emory.edu/professional-development/fellowships/advanced.html
Statement of Purpose to include: a) the library placement area(s) of interest and how the library placement area will enhance the applicant’s skills in research and teaching, and
b) a brief description of the dissertation research, including progress thus far
Application Skills Summary (see pages 4 and 5 of this document) Letter of recommendation from an Emory faculty member, preferably the dissertation director, who is familiar with the applicant and the dissertation. The letter should address the applicant’s schedule for completing the dissertation, and assess the likelihood that the applicant would complete by the end of the fellowship year. The ADMIT system will allow you to enter the email address(es) of your recommender(s) and they will receive email notification of your request. ADMIT Submission Instructions:
All nominations and applications, including supporting materials, will be uploaded using ADMIT.
1. Go to https://www.applyweb.com/emoryfel/index.ftl. and log in using your regular ADMIT net ID and password –or—set up an account with ADMIT first and then log in.
2. Select your fellowship from the drop down box and follow the upload fields. The application will not let you proceed until you upload all the necessary materials. You will need to upload the nomination or application items as pdf files.
Submit the application materials described in 1-4 above in the order listed via the ADMIT system no later than 4 p.m., Friday, February 17, 2017. For fellowship questions, contact Khadijah Muhammad, HR Associate at kmuham3 [at] emory [dot] edu. If you have questions about using ADMIT, please contact Jay Hughes at jlhughe [at] emory [dot] edu.
Please feel free to contact library sponsors with questions OR talk to our past library fellowsMeet 2016-2017 Woodruff Fellow – Rebekah Ramsay Meet 2016-2017 Woodruff Fellow – Erin Roark Meet the 2016-2017 Woodruff Fellow – Adam Newman Meet the 2016-2017 Anne and Bill Newton Fellow – Shanna Early Meet 2016-2017 Woodruff Fellow – Michael Camp Meet 2016-2017 Woodruff Fellow – Chris Brown