On December 16, the library systems that supply information to discoverE will change. [UPDATE: The migration was a success! Some system integration work continues. Thanks to all. ] We are replacing the software that library staff use to order, pay for, catalog, and circulate library materials.
Library users will continue to use discoverE to search for library materials and to place requests (e.g. hold, reserves, renewals, etc.), but searching for ejournals will change.
Library users will be able to search a new interface for ejournals A-Z directly within discoverE.
PARDON OUR DUST; TRANSITION PERIOD
In order to accomplish this change, there will be some interruption of service over the Winter Holiday Break. Starting on December 11th at 6pm, and continuing through December 17th, requesting, holds, recalls, e-shelf, and other ‘my account’ features in discoverE will be unavailable due to system migration. [Dec 15th UPDATE The eShelf data has been migrated for approximately 90% of our discoverE collections, and we’re working to restore the remainder of our local Emory collections.] If you have any questions, please contact your library. For more details about effected library services, please see below. Thank you for your patience.
One noticeable change will be the look and feel of ejournals access. Starting on Dec 21st, ejournals@emory will redirect to a new ejournals A-Z list, found also as a TAB of the library’s discoverE tool. (See screenshots below). Integrating ejournal searching with all other library searching should benefit Emory students and researchers. Library users will also see a new screen when using the FindIt@Emory button, Functionality should remain similar to past ejournals searching. Please continue to send ejournal issues to ASKEJOURNALS [at] LISTSERV [dot] CC [dot] EMORY [dot] EDU.
LIBRARY SERVICES FROM DEC 11-17, 2015 and beyond:
- ‘My account’ functions in discoverE (e.g. hold, reserves, etc.) will be offline from Dec 11-16, 2015
- Circulation check-outs and returns will continue to occur at the library service desk, but online renewals will be frozen (no fines or fees will be incurred)
- Course Reserves (Ares) will be accessible via Blackboard and directly at: https://reserves.library.emory.edu, but the ability to add items from discoverE to Reserves will be unavailable until early January
- Storage requests needed between Dec 11-16, 2015 must be communicated directly to your library
- Document delivery will be unavailable in discoverE until early January; you may place doc delivery requests via ILLiad during the transition period
- Non-rush ordering of library collections will be suspended until Dec 16th
WHY THE CHANGE?