- Check the library’s catalog, discoverE (be aware that older editions may or may not have all the material your teacher wants you to cover for the class).
- Check course reserves to see if your professor has made some or all of the material available.
- Remember Emory’s Bookstore, where you can purchase, rent, or go digital with your textbooks this semester.
How do I find books and articles that my professor has listed as main course resources?
If your professor has listed a book or articles but has NOT put them on reserve, you can do the following:
- For books, search discoverE to see if the library owns it.
- For articles, look at the citation to figure out what journal/magazine/newspaper it was published in. Look up that journal/magazine/newspaper name in the e-journals database to see if we own it electronically. If we do not own it electronically, we may still have a print copy. When you search in e-journals, there will be a link to search discoverE for the print copy.