During this difficult time of reappraisal and adjustment due to the COVID-19 virus, library staff are focused on ensuring the safety of library users and staff. As a result, Woodruff Library is implementing the following changes:
Library Access, Carrels, and Studies
- As of 6 p.m. on Friday, March 20, we will close all library buildings to all visitors, including the Emory community.
- The Woodruff Library Stacks Tower will close on Friday, March 20, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
- Carrels and Studies at the Woodruff Library will close on Friday, March 20, 2020. Registered users are asked to vacate assigned spaces by 5:00 pm.
- Please direct questions to Mark Johnson, Carrels and Studies Coordinator at mark [dot] johnson [at] emory [dot] edu.
Due Dates and Recalls
- Effective immediately, all due dates for materials currently on loan from any Emory library will be extended through Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
- The extension of all due dates means recall requests will not have their original effect, as no items will come due before September 1, 2020.
- Instead, patrons who need items already checked out should contact Ask a Librarian for further assistance in locating another copy or identifying an alternative.
Returns and Fines
- Patrons are asked to keep any items now in their possession until further notice.
- All fines and late fees incurred between March 11th and September 1st will be waived.
Please contact Ask a Librarian with any questions you may have.