Since the launch of Emory Digital Collections in April 2020, thousands of items from Emory’s rare and unique holdings have been uploaded to the platform. Each month, staff in Library Technology and Digital Strategies will provide an update sharing what has been added to EDC during the preceding month.
Here’s what was added in October 2023:
- New collection: 9 Latin, Dutch, and German emblem books from the 16th-18th centuries were added to the Emblem Books collection.
- 138 documents have been added to the Archivo Histórico del Arzobispado de México, a collection of files from the Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico, dating from the 16th through 18th centuries.
- 137 issues have been added to the Emory Report collection. Emory Report, previously published under the titles Campus Report and Administrative Bulletin, is the official university-wide newsletter for Emory University faculty and staff.
- 18 books were added to the African American Imprints Collection, which contains publications written and/or published by African Americans in the 19th and early 20th centuries.
- 12 issues of Emory Magazine, previously titled Emory Alumnus, have been added to the Emory Alumni Publications collection.
- 5 issues of the Oxford Spokesman, a student newspaper published at Oxford College.
- 4 16th-century texts were added to the Richard C. Kessler Reformation Collection.
- 2 books were added to the Views of Rome Collection, which includes books that chronicle the city of Rome over the 16th through 19th centuries.
- 1 historical medical text was added to the Medical Heritage Imprints Collection.