Commencement Weekend at Emory University is such a busy time, with so many events going on, that it can get overwhelming for graduates and visitors alike. We at the Emory Libraries recommend escaping to the Woodruff Library to refresh, regroup, and relax a bit before rejoining the crowds and the festivities. Here are the top five reasons why you should come in and see us.
1. It’s nice and quiet, so you can escape the hubbub between activities.
2. Take in one of our many current exhibits, such as “Apollo 15: Digital Exploration on the 50th Anniversary of the Mission” (level 3 rotunda) or marvel at the creativity of local artists paired with faculty and students in “Creative Justice: A Celebration of Emory’s Arts and Social Justice Fellows Program” (Level 3, Schatten Gallery).
3. Cool A/C, free wi-fi and clean bathrooms with no waiting in line!
4. Relax in the comfy seating on the main floor or first floor and recharge your phone. (Some furniture pieces even have charging outlets in them!)
5. Take a trip up to Level 10 and enjoy the beautiful view of the downtown Atlanta skyline from the Rose Library’s wall of windows. The balconies are temporarily closed, but you can still catch the view from the Woodruff Commons (take a right from the elevator) during Rose’s regular business hours on Monday, May 8, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Enjoy, and congratulations to the class of 2023!