Favour N- Blog Post #10

In an introduction, I often times follow the basic model that they teach you in elementary school. Obviously IĀ introduceĀ what I will be talking about and then provide my supporting details that I will later expand upon within the body paragraphs. But if the paper is on an important figure, then I use the intro to set the stage for the life, accomplishments, and lasting legacy of the individual. In the conclusion, I do the exact same thing as in the intro, just worded differently.

I evaluated an article from the Emory Wheel entitled “The search to replace Wagner begins” by Emily Sullivan. The article basically announced that the process for replacing President Wagner has begun. The advisory committee will be solidifying their recommendations this month and presenting their proposal to the University Senate at their upcoming meeting. The Board of Trustees is responsible for choosing the president and questions concerning the matter from the SGA will be answered at the Senate meeting. Furthermore, SGA President Raj Tilwa expressed his desire to see more diverse representation such as a female president as apposed to the typical white male. The introduction does nothing more than state what is happening. It is pretty boring, but then again, it’s not a very exciting topic we’re talking about here. It grabs your attention by announcing that “the first stages…are underway” but then falls flat as it just details the method for how this is being done. It is very informative, which I assume was the motive, but quickly loses my interest and makes it a chore to continue reading.