BreatheEasy Georgia Homes is a coalition that is dedicated to promoting smoke-free living in the homes of Georgia residents. The coalition is made up of stakeholders, organizations, and public health agencies that work together to reduce secondhand smoke exposure in multi-unit housing in Georgia.
BreatheEasy Georgia Homes strives to educate property managers, property owners, management companies, and residents on the dangers of secondhand smoke exposure and the need for smoke-free policies to reduce secondhand smoke exposure. The coalition has the knowledge, skills, expertise, and resources to support communities to create smoke-free environments that promote equity across the different population groups in Georgia. Smoke-free air is critical to promoting the health of Georgia residents and reducing health disparities.
Goals of BreatheEasy Georgia at Home
- Provide smoke-free recognition for apartment communities that adopt smoke-free policies
- Educate Georgia residents about the dangers of secondhand smoke exposure
- Provide property owners, property managers, and residents with resources on smoke-free policy implementation such as sample policy language, resident surveys, lease addendums, implementation plans, and enforcement plans
- Educate residents on the benefits of smoke-free policies
- Provide cessation resources to promote quitting
BreatheEasy Georgia Can Help Provide
- Free resources to adopt and implement smoke-free properties
- Technical assistance to property owners, property managers, and management companies
- Materials for education sessions with residents
- Smoke-free recognition
Want to know more?
For more information, please contact us.
Email us at info [at] breatheeasygahomes [dot] org