Discussion Post 11
Discussion Post 11

Discussion Post 11

Just like what Henri Focillon said, “Baroque forms live with passionate intensity a life that is entirely their own […] they break apart even as they grow; they tend to invade space in every direction, to perforate it, to become as one with all its possibilities.” In my everyday life, I can always find baroque forms. Sometimes my friend would wear earrings with big pearls on them and wear her favorite dress to match those earrings. For me, I would consider the earrings baroque. When we are shopping online, we can always find a category called baroque as well, baroque style earrings, baroque style blouses, and baroque style dresses. Maybe baroque is no longer an explicit style that was popular in society, but we always have people who lived vintage clothing and purchased that baroque-styled jewelry. All of these earrings, bracelets, and clothes are still a type of art that people will always use in their everyday life. Baroque is not extinct, it just shows up as a different style in people’s everyday life, in other words, it is a contemporary form of art.
Another contemporary baroque art or art that I would consider as baroque would be an artwork I saw in the High Museum of Art. It uses many differently shaped mirrors and uses the idea of reflection to reflect the light. It actually has nothing related to the idea of Baroque, but this term pops into my head when I saw this work of art. It is elegant and reminds me of the baroque art in churches with the idea of spacing and its architecture.