Join the Lab

Information for prospective graduate students:

Are you accepting graduate students?

I will be considering applications for new graduate students for the 2024-2025 cycle to begin in the Fall, 2025 semester. Students will be admitted through the Department of Psychology at Emory University.

Who is a good fit for your lab?

Prospective students should be interested in the biology of caregiving, including maternal, paternal, grandparental, dementia caregiving or other types of caregiving. I am most interested in students who are intellectually curious, creative, hard-working and capable of problem-solving independently. Previous experience with neuroimaging is not essential, but students must be eager to learn these methods. An interest and background in evolutionary theory is desirable but not essential.

What is your mentorship style and expectations for graduate students?

I have been mentoring students for over 20 years now, and I have honed my approach over that time. I have high expectations of my students, so that they and the lab will be successful. My mentoring style emphasizes frequent communication and heavy investment in only a few students, while cultivating independence and supporting autonomy.