Upcoming Events for Fall 2020
1. General Body Meetings
Although it is sad that we can’t socialize in person with pizza and soda this year, we would love a chance to see familiar faces and introduce ourselves to those that will be joining us for the first time. We have resourceful and exciting events planned and would love to tell you more about them. Please join us!
2. NOBCChE/PACS Perspectives
The “Perspectives” PACS/NOBCChe events are now moved to Fridays at 12:30 PM and will be held once a week to accommodate everyone’s schedules. This week, we will be discussing a paper focusing on the current issues of diversity in academia, and how to better support underrepresented STEM graduate students. Please refer to the previous email regarding the papers we will be discussing, and we look forward to seeing you this Friday, September 11th for our meeting!
- Sept 11 – What Needs to Change in Academia to Increase the Number of Black Scientists and Engineers? https://emory.zoom.us/j/92788847883?pwd=V3gzZkJvcHlhYnZOVHBYNUFyTk5sQT09
- Sept 18 – Racial bias in pain assessment and treatment recommendations, and false beliefs about biological differences between blacks and whites. https://emory.zoom.us/j/94491281397?pwd=eDhDc1h2elQ1NzFybUlnYWJNQ0VYQT09
- Sept 25 – The diversity and inclusion revolution: Eight powerful truths. (Courtesy of Spectrum; subject to change, but we will notify you in plenty of time) https://emory.zoom.us/j/98683303578?pwd=YjZ6dXVzOVBCRlRlZEx2QzBzSGFpUT09
- Oct 2 – Recruit and retain a diverse workforce. https://emory.zoom.us/j/94089744686?pwd=aUlZcWFIS2h4NHh4WEJndHRsZ0V6dz09
For more information: Contact any member of the Executive Board
NOBCChE @ Emory encourages all interested students to attend our virtual general body meetings