Registration for the SMI 2021 Conference has been extended to Noon (12:00pm EST) on 05/07/2021.
We are soliciting posters for the SMI 2021 Conference poster session. The poster session will be held on May 17th via the online platform gather.town that will be designed to simulate an in person experience. The Poster Session is open to students, postdocs and Faculty members.
To be eligible, participants for the Poster session must have registered for the SMI conference and be able to present the poster at the virtual 2021 SMI Conference.
If you wish to participate in the poster session, please send an email with the necessary materials to Dr. Suprateek Kundu (suprateek [dot] kundu [at] emory [dot] edu) with the following attachments in PDF format (preferably in a Zipped folder) & fill out the short form below:
- The Title & Abstract for the poster in PDF format;
- The poster for presentation in JPG or PNG format (Maximum size: 3MB; Landscape format is the most suitable to fit a screen of 16:9);
- A copy of the SMI conference registration confirmation for the applicant (pdf or word format)
- Please fill out this short form here: https://forms.gle/ZUoSeMJAsuqZJJ8t7
The deadline for filling out the short form and submitting the title and abstract (pdf) is April 30th, 2021. The presenters can then send the final version of the posters (JPG/PNG) by May 9th, 2021. Please send questions regarding the Poster session to Dr. Suprateek Kundu (suprateek [dot] kundu [at] emory [dot] edu).
Student Paper Competition
The SMI Student Paper Competition was held in May, 2020. The winners were
- Andrew Dilernia, University of Minnesota, Penalized model-based clustering of fMRI
- Bingkai Wang, Johns Hopkins, Semiparametric partial common principal component analysis for covariance matrices
- Qiong Wu, University of Maryland, Predicting Latent Links from Incomplete Network Data Using Exponential Random Graph Model with Outcome Misclassification
There is no additional SMI student paper competition in 2021.