In the United States, July is Disability Pride Month. This recognition is to mark the 1990 enactment of the Americans with Disabilities Act, a landmark U.S. rights law that extended civil rights protections to persons with disabilities and assured that all Americans would benefit from their talents. The Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library is committed to assisting all library users and offers these services to promote accessibility:
- Adjustable height workspaces are available on the plaza level of the library.
- All digitized course reserves items are enhanced with OCR (optical character recognition) so that texts are searchable, editable and can be read aloud.
- All library produced videos include closed captioning.
- Users may request assistance in retrieving materials from the stacks.
- Users may request a proxy who acts on another’s behalf regarding library materials.
Read more about our services here: https://tinyurl.com/visitwhscl and let us know how we can assist you.